I have been here in Italy for 6 weeks and as amazing as it has been the a few things I am missing from America.
- Water!! - Oh my goodness the water here is $$$! I knew coming here that water isn't free, but still every time they bring a bottle of water to the table at a restaurant I cringe a little. The most annoying thing about water is that its typically the same price or more expensive than wine at most restaurants.
- Air Conditioning - Italians don't seem to let the summer heat bother them. The first few weeks here I felt like I was melting. My most exciting purchase on a shopping trip was a fan, which was the best thing I have spent money on yet.
- Target/Costco - My first day here, McKenna and I went to a store that was suppose to be similar, by oh my goodness nothing can compare to the paradise that is Target.
- Healthy Food!!! - I'm sure if I were in a bigger city there would be a market close by, but out here we have two grocery stores that don't have very many healthy snacks and the produce isn't the best either. A few weeks ago my mom sent me a care package with so many snacks and I have been so happy munching on them everyday.
- Avocado - Avocado is everywhere right now, except Italy.
- My car - Everything here is within walking distance, but it would be so nice to be able to drive to the grocery store or train station for a change, it would make everything feel like less of a chore.
xx, Samantha McNeil